Remember your childhood days when everybody’s second question after “What is your name?”, used to be, “Beta bade ho kar kya banoge?” (What do you want to be after you grow up?)……The funny part about me is that I have faced that question even till my first year of undergrad?(this is part reality part fiction!!). Anyways this is the collection of replies that I have given to this question:
1) Pilot: well thats pretty common among kids in India, in USA the reply would have been Fireman. Anyways, I have not been gifted with a pretty good height and sight, so one dream shattered.
2) Doctor: well this was one I pursued but gave up when got a chance for some other interest. So no qualms about that.
3) Batman: No comments on that one!!
4) Writer: Well time for that is coming soon….
5) Wolverine: Well, wolverine’s actual height according to Marvel Comics matches mine, so I have fair chance at that….
6) Disco Dancer: This one I said after being highly impressed by Mithun Chakraborty starrer movie named Disco Dancer. I am happy that I did not say Mithun Da that day.
7) Mickey Mouse: This one I said fairly recently in full sane mind!!!
8. Athlete and Soccer player: Going by my high school record, I was on my way to be this one, till pressures from surroundings took me off that path. I will always miss this one!!!
9) Stand Up Comedian: Well a friend thinks so and told me this once. I take this as a best compliment, I have ever recieved.
* I am presently a research student working in the field of neuroscience and computational biology. I also write sometimes and thats how grown up, I am till now……