“Voting for New Seven Wonders of the World is still going on. As a good Indian, vote for Taj”
I have received this message about 25 times now in my mailbox from my many different ‘Good’ Indian friends. I can never think of me being included in the list of ‘Not so good” Indians so naturally I voted too! The best part about voting was that if you are ready to shell out $2 then you can vote twice!!! That’s how money can affect the wonders of world. Wonderful money!!!
Anyways, I voted for Taj Mahal and seven other places. But then I was not very happy with the nominations. I think there are more wonderful things these guys missed. So here’s my addition to the nominations:
1) Fidel Castro: Well my grandfather heard about him as Cuban revolutionary, my father heard about him as Cuban president, I heard about him as Cuban President. So I have no doubt that if you take a ride to future, one question you can always ask futurites without worrying about faux pas is “Hey dude, Whats up with Fidel Castro these days?”
2) Schwarzenegger Muscles : They took him to Olympia contest, then to Hollywood, then California governership. Truly they are something….watch out what they do next!!
3) Indian Railways: Accepted that it runs late!!..but am asking only for a nomination!!
4) Graduate Students: A high efficiency machine that is always unable to give results is truly a wonder.
5) Ferozshah Kotla Cricket Stadium, New Delhi: It is always complete for a match but always incomplete otherwise.
6) Cartoon Characters: I think we should date of birth of all cartoon characters as BWD (Before Walt Disney) and AWD (After Walt Disney) as we have BC and AD.
7) Harry Potter: Now don’t talk crap that he is not real, All you guys who say so, are muggles who want to stop me from doing PhD at Hogwarts.
P.S. This post was in true spirit of Antisense !!…Prabhu Deva should have featured on this one but he missed out closely!!